A cookie is a small text file carrying bits of information about the activity of a user on a website and storing them on the device used to access the website. Cookies do not harm your device and allow us to offer you a better browsing experience and quicker response on our website. Any additional information, including that allowing us to serve you ads, shall only be stored upon your prior consent to be given by continuing to browse the website or by any of the means specified below.
Type of cookies we may use on the website
Our website may use both cookies that do not need your consent to be downloaded onto your device and cookies that can be downloaded only upon your prior consent.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies (NOT requiring your prior consent): These are necessary for the operation of the website, including to perform tasks such as providing services which you request over the website, recording your preferences (for example, cookie preferences) and keeping you logged into your registered account. To ensure proper operation of such cookies and ensure recording of your preferences, these cookies shall not be deleted when you finish browsing. Notwithstanding, these cookies shall have a validity period (not exceeding 2 years) beyond which they will be automatically deactivated. These cookies and information carried by them shall not be used for purposes other than those described above. Installation of strictly necessary cookies does not require your prior consent: we automatically set them on your device when you access the website or make specific choices on the website (for instance, when you select your cookie preferences, or click the “Remember me” option). You may decide to disable these cookies at any time through the Privacy Preference Center (more information on this is provided below).
- Performance Cookies (requiring your prior CONSENT): These are used to count visits and traffic sources to the website, so that we are able to measure the website’s performance (by checking which pages and sections are more popular, and better understand how users make use of our website), to identify areas in need of improvement. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated, so that it cannot be linked to any individual user – this makes that information anonymous. You can freely choose not to allow these cookies from the start, or you can disable these cookies later, through the Privacy Preference Center (more information on this is provided below).
- Functional Cookies (NOT requiring your prior CONSENT): These are necessary for specific functions that you interact with within the website, such as videos, live chats and your recipes list selection, to work properly. They can be used, for example, to store technical data needed to playback video or audio content that you might interact with on the website. These cookies are automatically set on your device, either by us or by the third parties providing the specific functions in question, when such functions are loaded (either automatically, or when you engage them on the website). You may decide to disable these cookies at any time through the Privacy Preference Center (more information on this is provided below).
- Targeting Cookies (requiring your prior CONSENT): Our website also uses targeting cookies, which can only be installed upon your prior consent. Targeting cookies installed by this website include cookies belonging to third parties, always provided that you give your prior consent to the relevant installation. You can freely choose not to allow these cookies from the start, or you can disable these cookies later, through the Privacy Preference Center (more information on this is provided below).
Such third parties may access the information collected through their cookies. Those third parties are:
- Google Inc. (through its services Google Analytics and Google Doubleclick and, where applicable, through the Google Plus plug-in)
- Facebook (through plug-ins)
- Twitter (through plug-ins)
- Pinterest (through plug-ins)
Targeting cookies may include profiling cookies for advertising purposes and retargeting.
- Profiling cookies for advertising purposes: they create user profiles to serve ads that are in line with the preferences shown by users as they surf the web;
- Retargeting cookies: they are used to serve ads relating to products that are similar to those into which you showed an interest (e.g. displaying pages on products that you have visited on our website when you browse affiliate websites) or to measure effectiveness of (our or third parties) marketing campaigns.
- Social Media Cookies (requiring your prior consent): Furthermore, our website allows certain social networks (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to install their own cookies by means of their plug-ins. Such cookies are directly managed by third parties and may also be used to serve ads to you that are in line with your preferences, when you browse other websites. You can freely choose not to allow these cookies from the start, or you can disable these cookies later, through the Privacy Preference Center (more information on this is provided below).
How to enable and disable cookies
You may decide whether you want to allow cookies to be installed or not by using your browser’s setting area. However, should you disable one or more cookies, certain features of this website may be impaired as a result (please bear in mind that browsing cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the basic features of the website). The browser configuration relating to this choice may be monitored and modified in your browser’s settings panel. Please select your browser among those below to receive information about how to modify the relevant cookie settings.
You can also do so via the cookie management platform.
Third party cookies requiring consent:
The installation of Performance, Targeting and Social Media Cookies belonging to third parties, as well as any other activity relating to such cookies, including collection and processing of information, shall be the responsibility of such third parties. If you wish to learn more on such cookies and the third parties that may access the information collected or on how to enable or disable them, you may read the cookie policies of such third parties by clicking any of the following links:
In addition, certain advertising networks allow you to deny consent to customized communications. This will not prevent cookies from being installed, but will suspend the use and collection of certain data by the advertisers affiliated with the network. Please note that, although such networks include many of the leading advertising companies, a third party that sets cookies through the website may not belong to any such networks and, as a consequence, you may continue to receive cookies from said third party. If you wish to learn more on this matter, we invite you to visit the following address: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ .